CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION & PRIVILEGED ACCESS POLICY
The purpose of this Confidential Information & Privileged Access Policy is to establish the proper use and disclosure of Confidential Information and proper use of Privileged Access that an AvaCon, Inc. (“AvaCon”) employee,Â staff member, independent contractor, or volunteerÂ may require to perform certain tasks or duties.
1. Â â€œConfidential Informationâ€ shall include but not be limited to:
a. Information relating to AvaCon’sÂ financial, personnel, or operational matters;
b. Information relating to AvaCon’s clients, customers, donors, sponsors, employees, volunteers, or business associates;
c. Trade secrets, know-how, techniques, processes, methods, ideas, technical data and specifications, patents, patentable methods, testing methods, research and development activities, computer programs and designs;
d. Contracts, production plans, sales and marketing plans, business plans;
e. And all information not generally known outside of Â AvaCon regarding theÂ organizationÂ and its business, regardless of whether such information is in written, oral, electronic, digital, or other form and regardless of whether the information originates from AvaConÂ or AvaCon’sÂ agents.
2. Â “Privileged Access” is defined asÂ access that enables an individual to take action which may affect computing systems, network communication, or the accounts, files, data, or processes of other users. Â Privileged Access is typically granted to system administrators, network administrators, staff performing system or computer account administration, or other such employees, contractors, volunteers, or consultants whose job duties require special privileges over a computing system or network.
OBLIGATION OF CONFIDENTIALITY
Except as may be required for the performance of your assigned duties, or unless specifically authorized in writing by AvaCon, youÂ agree that youÂ shall not use or disclose any Confidential Information owned, controlled, or licensed by AvaConÂ for yourÂ or othersâ€™ benefit, either during or after yourÂ service or employment.
OBLIGATION OF RESPONSIBLE & AUTHORIZED-ONLY PRIVILEGED ACCESS
As a condition of receivingÂ Privileged Access if your assigned job duties require such access, you also agree that, pending security approval:
1. Privileged Access may only be used to perform assigned job duties.
2. Privileged Access is granted only to authorized individuals.
3. If methods other than using Privileged Access will accomplish an action, those other methods must be used unless the burden of time or other resources required clearly justifies using Privileged Access.
4. Privileged Access may be used to perform standard system-related duties only on machines and networks whose responsibility is part of assigned job duties.
5. Privileged Access may be used to grant, change, or deny resources, access, or privilege to another individual only for authorized account management activities or under exceptional circumstances.
6. Such actions must follow all applicable existing organizational guidelines and procedures.
7. In the absence of compelling circumstances, the investigation of information in, or suspension of, an account suspected to be compromised should be delayed until normal business hours to allow appropriate authorization and/or notification activities.
8. In all cases, access to other individuals’ electronic information shall be limited to the least perusal of contents and the least action necessary to resolve a situation.
9. Individuals with Privileged Access shall take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of information encountered in the performance of their duties.
You also agree that the failure to use good judgment or abuse of AvaConâ€™s Confidential Information & Privileged Access PolicyÂ may result in suspension of privileges or disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
RETURN OF MATERIALS ANDÂ SUSPENSION OFÂ PRIVILEGED ACCESS ACCOUNTS
Any and all materials containing Confidential Information owned by, controlled by, or licensed to AvaConÂ and given to youÂ to perform yourÂ duties, shall be returned to AvaCon, including copies, access to, or any other digital or tangible embodiment of such materials, upon the termination of the position for whatever reason or at the request of AvaCon. Â The return of any such materials shall take place within twenty-four (24) hours of notice of termination or upon the request of AvaCon, whichever comes first.
In addition, you agree that, upon noticeÂ of termination for whatever reason or at the direction of AvaCon, your authorized access to records and computer systems is immediately revoked and you will refrain from using any Privileged Access accounts or system access, even if your Privileged Access accounts have not yet been technically suspended or revoked. Â Any employee,Â staff member, independent contractor, or volunteerÂ who intentionally obtains unauthorized access to records or computer systemsÂ mayÂ be subject to criminal prosecution and civil penalties.
In the event thatÂ youÂ improperly use or disclose Confidential Information owned by, controlled by, or licensed to AvaCon or improperly use Privileged AccessÂ that infringes the rights of any third party, youÂ agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AvaConÂ from and against any loss, damage, costs, liability and expenses (including reasonable attorneysâ€™ fees) arising from or out of any third-party action or claim that yourÂ improper use or disclosure of the Confidential Information or improper use of Privileged Access infringes the rights of such third party.
The terms of this agreement shall remain in effect even after you leave your positionÂ or are terminated from a staff or volunteer position with AvaCon. Any agreement you makeÂ with other entities or agents relating to use or access to AvaCon’s Confidential Information or use of Privileged Access under the terms of this agreement must be consistent with these terms, and no such agreement with another party can abrogate, nullify, void or modify this agreement.
I have read and understood this agreement and I am over the age of 18.